Tuesday 16 September 2014

Seasonal skincare shake up


We all know the drill, the days get shorter, the temperature gets cooler and our skin and bodies take a turn for the worse. It seems, in my case at least, as soon as Autumn starts to rear its head my skin goes into a total meltdown and completely loses its previous identity. After years of battling through this year after year, I have developed my own seasonal skincare shake up to combat my skins changes. 


Step 1 - The Deep Clean 
After a Summer of sun, sea, sand and unfortunately sweat, my skin can definitely use a deep clean. I start with the La Roche-Posay Effaclar cleanser for oily skin. I find this foaming cleanser really gives my skin a deep cleanse and helps dig out all that dirt and grim. Secondly, I follow up with a blemish face masque, as I will undoubtably find myself with a pesky face demon or two. The one I'm using at the moment is Beauty Formulas tea tree mask, this is just a cheap one, from Home Bargains and I would say anything with tea tree in will do the trick. I finish up this step with one of my favourite things to do, a T-zone clear out nose pore strip. This maybe being a total weirdo, but I love the satisfaction you get from pulling this off your nose and being able to see exactly what you have pulled out of your pores. Instant gratification!



Step 2- Toned to perfection 
As my skin is about as questionable as the weather, I need two toners to combat what ever situation I find myself in. The first is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, a refreshing spritz full of essentials oils and essences to create a perfect base for moisturiser. The other option is the Clinque moisture surge face spray, I use this if I know my skin is calling out for a hit of of intense moisture. 



Step 3 - Moisturiser masterclass 
I finish up the skin care session by adding back in all the moisture the colder climate has taken away. I start off with the No7 Protect & Perfect Advanced serum. This sinks into the skin really quickly and gives a lovely silky feel to your face, not only does it moisturise deep down as it's a serum, it also works on any pesky lines and wrinkles we all know we get. Next up, is the eysilix eye cream. This thick cream is a perfect night time treat as it takes a while to sink in, and the next morning my under eyes looks noticeably less "baggy" ... if that's even a word! Finally just before I jump into my pit, I lather on the Aveeno daily moisturising lotion just to finish everything off. 






1 comment:

  1. Love the post! I find that my skin changes over the seasons too. It hits me hard either when its really cold and my skin chaps! :(!
    xx

    www.beautiboe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete