Saturday 5 July 2014

Duty Free Haul

So as you may or may not know, I popped over to Turkey with my best friend Jess last week. I had an incredible time and will do a whole post on the holiday next week- so keep your eyes peeled! But, you can’t visit and airport and not do a sneaky bit of duty free shopping can you? I did have a few things on my hit list that sadly were out of stock so I over compensated with one bigger item and a few very random purchases.


First up was my splurge, “do I really need this” item- the MAC 15 piece cool neutral palette. Strangely, I thought I would have been more drawn to the warm tones based on the type of colours I normally go for on my eyes. However, as soon as I saw this I fell in love and snapped it up, especially when it was £10 cheaper than in the MAC stores and a lot cheaper than buying the individual shades.



I get my eyebrows waxed and tinted at my local benefit counter and when I was last there I asked them to try the “Gimme Brow” on me so I could see if I liked it. At the time I loved it and it totally transformed my sparse brows so this was the first thing I grabbed in the terminal. However, I used this several times on holiday and although it was ok, I wasn't wowed and ended up using my HD brow palette anyway to get more definition. I also found it a little messy and ended up with blobs above and below my brows on several occasions. I'm glad I gave it a go and it was cheaper being in duty free, but I don’t think it will become my new brow product of the moment.




Whilst at the Benefit counter I tried to pick up my holy grail mascara “They’re Real”, however, it’s obviously everyone else’s  favourite as they were totally sold out! Luckily when I got on the plane they had a duty free trolley with an extra stash and even better they had an additional 20% off on board, so I ended up getting this baby for a lot cheaper.  If you are travelling with Jet2 this summer I think this is an extra promotion they are doing so keep an ear out.



Now this is where the random part of the haul comes in. If you have read my previous payday wish lists you will see I was eyeing up a letter rack from Paperchase for my palettes. The airport had a Paperchase. so I popped in and in amongst the huge sale section was one left of this letter rack- I believe it was a sign, especially when they had two of the matching pen pots as well. All three were quickly grabbed by me for under £15... STEAL!

*Side Note*- When looking for links for these, I noticed they are both even cheaper in the sale now than I paid in duty free. So, if you fancy them grab them now!


Are you heading off on your jollies soon? Make sure you let me know what you’re adding to your duty free hit list, although sadly I will not be jetting off again, I do have a very lovely sister who will be and she loves to shop!

14 comments:

  1. That palette is lush! I want! Haha. That's a clever idea if using letter holders and pencil pots for makeup essentials xx

    www.beautiboe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its honestly beautiful and defo cheaper than buying them all individually! Im just all about pretty things and they make my dresser look beaut :D xx

      Delete
  2. Love the Mac palette! I got a few bits in Mac when I was at Duty free a few weeks ago and was tempted on the plane to spend more... managed to resit but I am going away again in September so I'm sure I'll arrive at the airport armed with a shopping list! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so jealous. I look forward to seeing what you pick up :D x

      Delete
  3. that palette is absolutely gorgeous O:
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its beautiful and a bargain when you add it all up xx

      Delete
  4. The mac palette is soo pretty. I need one!

    Coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! I'm eyeing up the warm tones now x

      Delete
  5. I love your blog name and your photos are so good!
    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much going to do a review of my Mulberry bag soon as its kinda the focus of my blog haha. Thanks so much I really struggle with them so trying my best x

      Delete
  6. That palette is beautiful!

    I'm a new follower, found you through the #bbloggers chat this evening
    x Kirsty
    www.beautyisperfection.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh amazing I follow you your blog is great ! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the cool neutral palette too what do you think of it?! So many lovely things you bought, and love the paperchase stuff :)
    xxx

    www.girlwithlipstick.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it I just need to force myself to use it as I dont wear eye shadow really day to day. Mission is to wear it all this month x

      Delete